I’m Moving To a Different State, Do I Need To Wait To Order My EIN Or Can I Order It Now?

Back to FAQs

So you’re moving to a new state, and that means there is a lot to think about, from packing your home and preparing your family, to making sure your finances and moving expenses are in order. It also means moving your business and following the guidelines for setting it up in a new state. Does that mean waiting or doing it ahead of time? Luckily, irs-ein-tax-id.com makes it as easy as possible.

Order It Whenever You Want

The great news is you can cross this one off your list as soon as you’d like, as you do not have to wait to order a state tax ID, or employer identification number (EIN), in your new state before moving. In fact, if you know your new address, you can do the complete change to your new EIN online before you ever leave your old home. If you do not yet have a new address, simply fill out the online form and use your current home or mailing address. Then, once you have found a new place of residence, go to irs-ein-tax-id.com again and update your address.

Remember These Three Steps

Whether you’re still living in your old residence or have already moved to your new one in your new home state, the process for securing a new EIN is exactly the same. Simply visit irs-ein-tax-id.com and select your business’ tax classification. Then, fill out the form. Finally, submit the application. You’ll have your new EIN the same day, and sometimes as quickly as within the hour. If you submit your application after 9 p.m. you’ll receive it the next business day. Of course, you can always check the status of your EIN online any time.

So there’s no reason to wait when you can simply visit irs-ein-tax-id.com right now and knock it out.

Select Your Entity Type to Apply for a Federal Tax ID Today